Updated: 11th February 2019
Your data controller is DeskHoppa.
Information That We Collect
Information required for the use of the DeskHoppa Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the DeskHoppa Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account information. When you sign up for an DeskHoppa Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, mobile phone number, your base city of residence your and date of birth.
- Communication with DeskHoppa and other members on the DeskHoppa Platform. We collect information when you communicate with other members on the DeskHoppa platform and any information you provide to them.
- Payment Confirmation Information. Completed payment information from our payment provider, Stripe, is collected and stored.
Information we collect during your use on the DeskHoppa Platform.
When you use the DeskHoppa Platform we automatically collect information, including your user profile information, about the services you use and how you use them.
This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the DeskHoppa Platform.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the DeskHoppa Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. DeskHoppa may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- General Platform Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the DeskHoppa Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the DeskHoppa Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the DeskHoppa Platform, even if you have not created an DeskHoppa Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the DeskHoppa Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the DeskHoppa Platform.
Information Collected From Third Parties
DeskHoppa may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the DeskHoppa Platform.
- Reviews. Hosts will leave public reviews and these are shown on your profile page on the DeskHoppa site.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the DeskHoppa Platform, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
- Enable you to access and use the DeskHoppa Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the DeskHoppa Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the DeskHoppa Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions or ranking search results), we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the DeskHoppa Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the DeskHoppa Platform.
Third Party Provider Information
DeskHoppa uses the following third party providers to enable certain features in the DeskHoppa Plaform. Please refer to their terms and conditions and privacy policies for more information.
- Amazon Web Services, Simple Email Service. DeskHoppa uses AWS SES for it's member email communications for all booking, payment, confirmation and cancellation emails. In addition to this we use SES for password resets, account activations for both hosts and guests.
- Amazon Web Services, Pinpoint. DeskHoppa uses AWS Pinpoint for guest mobile verification services.
- Stripe Payment Services. All payments on the DeskHoppa platform are handled by Stripe Payments.
- Google Analytics. The basic tracking code for Google Analytics is used by DeskHoppa so we can gather basic metrics on the daily usage of the site. No personal information is tracked by DeskHoppa.
- DeskHoppa, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom